Thursday, May 1, 2008

Teeth, Words, Bikes & Separation


The canines are coming! The canines are coming! :)
Well, that is to say, the little muffin is getting more teeth to add to her already impressive collection of 10 lovely, pearly whites. She's had a few restless nights, chews her fingers a lot, but is generally taking it in stride.

She's talking a lot more these days. She loves that she can say & recognize things like: ball, moon, hat, elbow... Best of all, she has started saying her own name! It comes out more like "emmull" than the real deal, but it's so close & she's so proud that she can say it!

Mama & Dada are on a mission to get us all geared up & outside riding bikes! Purchased & en route to our house are: baby bike seat, elmo helmet & elbow pads, bike helmets for Ma & Pa, a back of bike rack/bag... I can't wait! I think she will love it!

We'll have to wait a week or so to test them out since Mama is leaving town for the week - going to San Fran for work. Mama has very mixed feelings about this... very sad to leave my honies, but it will be a good work opportunity and I'll spend the last day with a good friend of mine that I haven't seen in years. So while I'm looking forward to it, I will be a little lost without my booboo. We are hoping to squeeze in a web cam session each day, but it will be tough to get the timing right. I know she will be just fine in the tender loving care of Dada & Auntie J, but the mommy-guilt is built in, so I have to live with it! :)

No comments: