Tuesday, January 6, 2009


I am so very sad that I made a mistake uploading the last large batch of photos, and somehow managed to delete the "originals", so all i have are versions too small to print... I guess that's still better than losing them altogether, but still... As I look for photos to post I'm reminded of my error & it bums me out...

In any case, sorry I've been delinquent in keeping the blog current. I don't know why I feel like there has to be something big to report... the day to day events are generally somewhat entertaining. :)

We enjoyed & survived our Christmas vacation. Had a great time w/ Dad & Jane & all the family in ND, and we all filled up on baked goods & candy as is required by the holiday. ;) Emily was a great flyer, and adjusted well to meeting new people and having her schedule dumped upside- down.

She's been a little clingy w/ me both during and since the vacation, and now tuck-in time has become ridiculous. I end up rocking her for well over an hour before she'll "let" me put her in the crib... I think we've procrastinated long enough on "ferberizing" her. In the next couple weeks we'll be going through the torturous exercise of teaching her to go to bed awake & fall asleep on her own. I am both looking forward to and dreading this. I feel like she will catch on quickly enough, but it will be tough listening to her pleas. I think the reason they tell you to do it when they are young is they can't verbalize... Now, if I try to put her down in the crib, I hear "I need my mama!" "Mama Danielle?" first in nice voice that implies a "please", soon to be followed in a scream that implies more of a "how dare you?!". Oh yes... this will be interesting. Here's hoping we are strong enough to follow through, since I know this is what we all need.

1 comment:

P.H. said...

What an absolute cutie. When can we have a playdate????